Due to significant strategic growth through major investment, a global leading chemical manufacturing company in Central Europe is looking for a Civil Group Expert to support their billion-dollar project portfolio over the next 10 years. The role is to be based at one of their key locations in Central Europe with mobility needed to travel globally.
The role is responsible for the group function, contributing the highest level of civil technical expertise in projects and operations.
As Civil Group Expert you will be the technical expert in projects globally ensuring compliance within established company procedures and engineering design standards. The main responsibilities will be to review and issue new procedures in cooperation with Technical Networks and ensure all lessons learned are covered in the specs.
The Civil Group Expert will support different Project Managers to implement the specs and processes, review and support design activities with special focus on HSE, design for reliability and energy optimisation. This role will be dedicated for several years to one of the major multi-billion value growth projects and will act as Group Expert in the PMC and report to the Project Director. They will be accountable for supporting and challenging the deliverables of the EPC. This person will be an expert in all international standards and specification used in the industry to ensure company specifications and standards are applied in the projects.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Control and steer design reviews
- Ensure latest proven technology is used in project design
- Develop strategies and be responsible for company engineering specs based on new developments in the market and in line with international standards and local legislation
- Support all of the project process phases
- Review and approve technical bid evaluations, support selection and vendors
- Support and use the tools to be applied at different stages of the project
- Participate in pre-inspection meetings, equipment and material inspection including inspection test plans during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning
- Develop CAPEX road map items with Procurement Category team as parts of TCO/SAC programme
- Execute project audits to the highest standard, including constructability reviews, compliance checks and deliverables in line with contracts
- Challenge engineering partners in own area of excellence
- Act as an expert in Operations for special technical investigation and development of frame agreement contracts
- Contribute to joint ventures and alliances with technical expertise
- Support, lead and coach discipline Engineers
Essential skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience within Chemical or Petrochemical business environments in mega-investment capital project execution or equivalent
- A results driven high achiever
- Strong ability to influence others and effectively manage stakeholders
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Values driven with high focus on safety
- Willing to travel and relocate
- Eligible to work in EU