Safety Advisor III
|Job Title:||Safety Advisor III|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, United States|
|Contact Name:||Erica Williams|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2018 16:56|
Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC). In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (SSHE) issues, status, and metrics.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
• Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
• Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
• Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
• Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent preferred • Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
•Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
• Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
•Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team.
• Prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment required.
• Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods.
• Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment.
• Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands).
• Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures.
• No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Civil Construction Coordinator
Oregon, United States
Mechanical Construction Coordinator
Process Engineering Manager
£65000 per annum