ESSENTIALS: Research & Development. Stem Cells. Reprogramming. Cell Culture. Media Preparation. Process Improvement.
The therapeutic potential of stem cells has long been recognised, however is only recently being unlocked on a large industrial scale. My client, a fast growing biotechnology company based in the Life Science hub of Cambridge is currently seeking the applications of a Stem Cell Research Assistant to join their dynamic team to carry out exciting research.
Stem Cell Research Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- To prepare company cell products which include human induced pluripotent stem cell, primary cells and cell culture reagents).
- To assist with reprogramming projects for clients and research and development for new products.
- Carry out immunocytochemistry assays to identify cell species and further quantify their genomics through qPCR.
- Assist with research and development to generate exciting new methodologies and products.
- Assist with process improvements and troubleshooting to improve efficiency and / or save costs.
- Contribute to the running of the lab through active participation of department wide activities and be an integral member of the team.
- BSc/MSc. in a biological science or equivalent experience with one year’s post degree laboratory experience
- Experience of maintaining/differentiating human stem cells, ideally induced pluripotent stem cells
- Knowledge of cell based assays and immunocytochemistry
- Ability to correctly interpret data and quickly learn new tasks
- Possess excellent organisational communication skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities in a busy environment
- Computer literate: Microsoft office programmes including word and Excel.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.