STATIC & MECHANICAL GROUP EXPERT – Central Europe – Global Chemical Company
Permanent role offering an industry leading package
A rare opportunity to contribute with the highest technical expertise to large mega investment chemical projects globally. This leading pioneering global chemical company are going through significant growth and are looking for a highly skilled Static and Mechanical Group Expert to support their multi-billion value project portfolio. The role is to be based at one of their key locations in Central Europe with mobility needed to travel globally.
As Static & Mechanical Group Expert you will be the driving force or ensuring compliance with established project procedures and engineering design standards, ensuring lessons learnt are covered in the specs.
The Static and Mechanical Group Expert will support the different Project Managers to implement the specs & processes and review & support design activities with special focus on HSE, design for reliability and energy optimisation.
The role will be assigned for several years to one of the large growth projects as the Static and Mechanical Group Expert in the PMC and report to the Project Director, ensuring that the deliverables of the EPC contractor are challenged.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Ensuring legal compliance and asset integrity is fully covered in the project
- Ensuring company specifications are followed
- Controlling and steering design reviews
- Guaranteeing proven technology is used in project design
- Developing strategies and engineering specs based on new developments in the market in line with international standards and local legislation
- Support the project process steps
- Reviewing and approving technical bid evaluations and supporting selection of vendors
- Participating in pre-inspection meetings to ensure static equipment and piping inspections and test plans are aligned during construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Supporting and utilising the tools to be applied at different stages of the project
- Developing CAPEX road map items within Procurement category team as parts of TCO/SAC programme
- Challenging Engineering partners in own area of excellence
- Acting as an expert in operations for special technical investigation and development of frame agreement contacts
- Contributing to joint ventures and alliances with technical expertise
- Supporting, training, leading and developing discipline engineers
- Perform risk analysis and recommendations for risk mitigation
- Drive TCO approach in projects
- Initiate and lead technical interactions with internal and external stakeholders
Essential skills required:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience within Petrochemical business environment in capital project execution
- Results driven leader
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to collaborate in large teams
- Values driven with high integrity
- Willing to travel and mobilise globally