Java Software Engineer Essential:- Must have extensive knowledge & programming experience with Java. Good technical skills in: Apache, GIT, J2EE, JSF, MVC, MySQL, Eclipse, JUnit, OO, SOA, Soap, Spring, Tomcat, SQL webservices & XML. Computer Science/Information technology degree or equivalent qualification. At least 3+ years of working experience preferably in an agile environment
Java Software Engineer Job Purpose:-
As a member of a team of highly motivated, skilled & experienced engineers, the Java Software Engineer will take joint responsibility in ensuring the successful implementation & rollout of E-commerce projects & other web portals focused on Java/Hybris.
Within digital team, emphasis is placed on developing technical excellence & experience, whilst fostering an environment that encourages enjoyment of work, passion & innovation. As the candidate develops in the role, responsibilities & influence will increase to reflect this
Java Software Engineer Job Summary
- Using cutting-edge technology to build innovative features that can blow the minds of customers.
- Working closely as part of a dedicated, empowered Scrum team to deliver the product backlog, meet the sprint goals & contribute to the team spirit
- You document your own code & you make designs for the critical uses cases
- You integrate your part of the development to integrate seamlessly in the overall project.
- Designing, implementing & debugging high quality, maintainable automated scripts for integration, acceptance & regression tests
- Playing an active role in reviewing & enhancing user stories, preparing for planning sessions & adding value to sizing sessions
- Using “lean” thinking to increase efficiency, eliminate waste & contribute to the agile company culture by participating in continuous improvement
- Maintaining close communication with the product owner, scrum testers, designers & scrum master, across local & remote locations
- Proposing technical solutions & developing ideas autonomously, diving into detail & understanding the root of the problem, & demonstrating ownership until the full solution is implemented
- Bringing quality to the heart of the software development process by up-streaming testing, through intelligent & creative use of test automation
- Contributing towards the departmental goals, technical excellence, growth of the team & knowledge sharing across other teams
Java Software Developer Key Requirements
- Good technical skills in: Apache, GIT, J2EE, JSF, MVC, MySQL, Eclipse, JUnit, OO, SOA, Soap, Spring, Tomcat, SQL webservices & XML;
- Computer Science/Information technology degree or equivalent qualification
- At least 3+ years of working experience preferably in an agile environment
- Must have extensive knowledge & programming experience with Java.
- Experience with Hybris is a big plus
- Experience/knowledge to work with Adobe Experience manager is a big plus
- Fluent English communication skills, verbal & written
- Proven ability to work both autonomously & as part of a team
- Experience to work with offshore teams is a big plus
- Scrum master /Product owner experience is a big plus.
- Eagerness to research & improve best practices for problems
- Ability to translate technical message from IT/Servicedesk for different stakeholders
- Able to drive process optimization
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving abilities consistent with the organizations goals & objectives.
Travel %: 5-10
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK