NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Field Specialist- Valve for a 10 week contract with potential of conversion. Ideally the Successful Candidate should be local to Sarnia, ON.
The Temporary Field Service Specialist will assist in the hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting/assessment, and repair work on valves (Block and/or PSV) based on the associated skill level. Work within the safe work practices and follow site specific rules and procedures Interface with customer plant personnel to perform hands-on workshop and/or on-site valve troubleshooting/assessment, maintenance, testing (pre/post), and/or repair of valves and actuators.
• Perform PSV testing utilizing certified test equipment and complete all QA / QC documentation as required by the VR program (if skilled).
• Perform hands-on workshop and/or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, painting and reassembly of valves and actuators..
• Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications.
• Perform failure assessments and make recommendations as required.
• Perform day-to-day and routine safety observations and inspections.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Trade School diploma/certification or equivalent years of experience.
• Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with fellow employees.
• Understanding of pressure and ability to service valves in a production environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
• Operational experience in the oil and gas industry with respect to system operations and valves.
• Additional mechanical skills using industrial tools
• Certificate holder for safe operation of lift trucks and overhead cranes.