Protein Scientist Essential: Analytical Assays. Drug Development. Biopharmaceutical. Molecular Design. Analytical Techniques. Immediately available.
Discovery and analysis of novel molecules is a crucial element in the production of life saving pharmaceutical products across all therapeutic areas. My client, a world leader in global pharmaceuticals is currently requiring the addition of a Biophysical associate scientist to join their expanding team within Molecular Discovery and offer their scientific expertise and technical skills.
Protein Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of biopharmaceutical molecular design
- Screening of novel molecules for the purpose of drug development using HPLC-SEC, DLS, DSC, cIEF, LC-MS and othertechniques
- Design and execute experiments following the appropriate SOP
- Collate and analyse data to present in a high quality report
- Be able to work independently and safely in a professional laboratory environment
- Manage various tasks and projects across multiple areas simultaneously
- Effectively communicate all findings with other team members and senior scientist
- BSc/MSc in life sciences or equivalent
- Expertise in one or more of the following analytical/biophysical methods: dynamic/static light scattering, differential scanning calorimetry, analytical size exclusion chromatography, mass spectrophotometry, fluorescence/UV spectroscopy, capillary iso-electric focusing etc.
- Knowledge of antibody sequence/structure-function relationship
- Good analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in experimental setup; capability to multitask and run multiple experiments in parallel, good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good computing skills for data handling, reporting (written & oral) and experimental lab book write-ups
- Quick to learn the use of lab instrumentation
- Ability to adapt quickly to new scientific areas and work across teams
- Ability to review and assimilate information effectively
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects simultaneously
Please contact Syeda Afsana Islam on 0161 942 4060 for more information on rates and applying.
Protein Scientist – Hertfordshire – Contract