Computational Biologist – Permanent – Oxfordshire
ESSENTIAL: Computational Biology. Bioinformatics. Genomics. Large scale datasets. R. Python. Statistics. PhD Qualified.
In silico modelling and computational biology is progressing science into new realms through simulation and analysis. My client, a global pharmaceutical company are currently seeking the applications of Computational Biologist to analyse and interpret their human genetic data to identify new targets for drug validation. This exciting opportunity will be working in close collaboration with various project teams across the company.
Computational Biologist Key Responsibilities :
- Analysis, evaluation and interpretation of human genetic evidence from the literature and internal data sets, to identify new targets and pathways for drug discovery and validation.
- Drive new collaborative bioinformatic projects and new experimental directions for company products and pipeline.
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, human genomics, or a related field in the biological data sciences.
- A proven track record in the analysis, visualization and interpretation of large-scale “omics” data sets.
- Solid understanding of statistics and expertise in R and Python.
- Expert knowledge of human genome annotation and biological pathway resources.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively across a global research organization.
If you possess the relevant qualifications, please call Charles on 01619427163.