Location – Houston, TX
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a major player in the Oil & Gas Offshore industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in Houston, TX.
The Mechanical Engineer (ME) will work under general direction, applying their skills and expertise to generate solutions that require development or sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products. The ME will create and review designs, drawings, specifications, involving existing technology or applications; works on segments of broader or more complex projects and ensures that projects meet specifications, standards and performance requirements within their area of expertise.
- Knowledge of Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FSPO) and Floating Production Storage (FSO) systems.
- Creates drawings, specifications, etc. of existing technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise
- Uses the CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to make layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs
- Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting
- Conducts analysis, ensures that designs are workable, makes recommendations and develops alternative solutions with conclusions reviewed by higher levels
- Tests and evaluates prototypes and models to determine design limits and needed improvements. Prepares test reports and closure reports on assignments
- Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills
- Assists and/or checks the work of drafters and designers and less experienced engineers. Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 - 6 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in creating or reviewing production drawings (weldments and machining)
- Experience with hydraulics, such as HPU’s, winches, etc. is a plus
- Experience in designing mechanical equipment (sheaves, winches, etc.)
- Proficient in classical analysis methods and in writing equipment specifications
- Strong command of English language; highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong knowledge in SolidWorks and AutoCAD for 3D part and assembly modeling, layout and design and working
- Some understanding of internal economic factors affecting projects to which assigned
- Specific technologies, procedures, products and applications
- at least one FPSO or related product line – exposure to other lines plus some knowledge of competitor products
- SolidWorks for 3D part and assembly modeling, layout and design and working with designers to create 2D drawings from SolidWorks models
- Knowledge of trends & economic conditions affecting the technical field
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in the Oil & Gas Offshore Company. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann at email@example.com.