Job DescriptionSoftware Development Technical Lead – Permanent – Thetford, Norfolk
Software Development Technical Lead Essentials:- Experience within the Pharmaceutical / Manufacturing industry. Strong experience in working using “Agile” methodology or equivalent. VB.Net programming techniques, JIRA tools. Master and/or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry or, MYSQL, Bioinformatics OR equivalent through experience. Experience with AWS / Cloud technology is preferred.
Software Development Technical Lead to work within a global team responsible for the global compounding system, this role is office based in Thetford, Norfolk, UK supporting the Global IT Lead for compounding. Software Development Technical Lead will provide subject matter expertise on the technical and development aspects of VB.net and MSSQL, analyse functional specifications and problems to deliver solutions. Create detailed written technical specifications and provide extensive knowledge of application development best practice and processes. You will be able to work in a team setting with a focus on detail and quality. Working closely with the business analyst(s) and technical team(s) to deliver high quality software.
- As part of a team you will be responsible for the analysis of new functionalities, integration and improvements (change management) towards custom made applications
- Translate the functional requirements into technical design, application configuration and testing efforts
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and consistency of the deliverables so that it meets the designed specifications
- Working with the project manager / business analyst you will prepare detailed project plans and prioritize/assign tasks for the delivery of the technical aspects of projects and motivate team members to ensure adherence to timelines and standards.
- Software Development Technical Lead to manage project backlog, performs sprint planning and assigns tasks to the development team
- Report to management on project progress
- Define coaching needs and training requirements for the development team
- Creates, reviews and modifies coding, and UI, standards used by the software development team
- Performs ad-hoc programming and support in case of business-critical applications
- Documenting all aspects of the system (e.g. process design, application configuration, test plans, etc.)
- Evaluate and recommend technical solutions
- Manages software licenses used across the portfolio, including provision of financial forecast to management and evaluation / recommendations for new tools and/or software – setting the overall technical direction
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK