To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities. Should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
• Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
• Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
• Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Years of closely related professional experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
• Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
• Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates. Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
• Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
• Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
• Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan. Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
• Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
• Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
• Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's).
- Trucks AHS
- Caterpillar mobile mine equipment maintenance with SIS experience considered an asset, specifically 797 Haul Trucks.
- Technical certification preferred with a journey person certificate in Millwright/Industrial Mechanic, HD Mechanic considered an asset.
- Superior working knowledge of SAP.
- Expert knowledge of mine maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs.
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts.
- Continuous improvement skills and commitment to best practices