Job DescriptionJob Title – Estimator
Location – The Woodlands, TX
Employee Type – Permanent/ Full - Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Engineering & Construction Company, has a permanent opportunity for an Estimator outside of Houston in The Woodlands, TX.
This Estimator will be joining a growing proposals team. This role will be covering the execution of all activities involved in developing project estimates based on Client’s RFP, SOW and/or identified requirements and preparation of proposal documents for submittal to the Client. The Estimator will also be responsible for estimating and preparing change orders for projects in the execution stage. This position will also aid in the development of appropriate processes, tools and models.
- Develop and maintain project cost baselines as assigned
- Develop and maintain change management system including Change Orders, Budget Shifts, and Trends including contingency management. Actively pursue the trending program to include weekly change management meetings as required.
- Timely and accurate reporting at all levels including internal and external clients
- Timely and accurate forward looking analysis and mitigation plan development to reduce or eliminate unforeseen cost impacts
- Cost system administrator for assigned projects including access, ad hoc reports, executive level support, training of subordinates and PM team, etc
- Interface with accounting and procurement system as required in order to produce the most timely and accurate cost forecast possible
- 5-10 years of experience
- Industrial Estimating experience in order of desirability
- Gas Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Flexible to train in Midland for 1-2 months, if required
- Local to Houston area