Job DescriptionFormulation Scientist – Permanent – Cheshire
ESSENTIAL: Formulation. Solutions, Emulsions, Suspensions. Process development. Scale-up. NPD. GMP. GLP. Pharmaceuticals.
The development and manufacturing of pharmaceuticals is a highly complex procedure, and their chemical breakdown and formulation lies at the heart of the product. My client, a world leader in pharmaceuticals is looking the addition of a Formulation Scientist to join their expanding New Product Development. This exciting position will cover the development of sterile inhalation and ophthalmic drug products.
Formulation Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct formulation development on a range of different projects with a wide range of dosage forms; Solutions, Emulsion, Suspension formulations including sterile inhalation and ophthalmic products.
- Transfer formulations and manufacturing processes into GMP manufacturing
- Oversee the manufacturing activities for registration batches to support regulatory submissions
- Assist manufacturing operations in problem solving, investigations and corrective actions for registration and scale up batches
- Write experimental protocols, validation criteria and reports
- Possess a BSc minimum in a Life Science degree, preferably chemistry related.
- Experienced in formulation science in a GMP R&D pharmaceutical environment.
- Be enthused by Quality by Design
- Proficient in statistical techniques such as DOE with a focus on formulation development, problem solving, scale-up, etc in a pharmaceutical environment
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, with the ability to work well in a team.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on applying.