NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is a major player in the EPC industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to be based in Midland, TX.
A Mechanical Engineer II is responsible for the design and conformance of mechanical equipment and materials within a company project. The Mechanical Engineer II will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously, with projects at different stages, at any given time. A Mechanical Engineer II is expected to handle routine job functions with little technical assistance, and is expected to work under the general supervision of the VP of Engineering.
- Conceptual and detailed specification or design of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, pumps, compressors, and expanders.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheet tools for detailed design of equipment and systems required for contracted work.
- Utilizes software tools such as Caesar for finite element analysis to determine that forces on piping systems and equipment due to temperature change are within design tolerance.
- Is familiar with appropriate company and industry codes and ensure conformance of specified systems and equipment.
- Works with other engineering and design staff in the development of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's) for each project.
- Performs system studies to ensure cohesion of mechanical equipment within systems for the design purpose.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 7 plus years of related experience or equivalent experience in an engineering-related position.
- Engineering Licensure
- Ability to apply various stress analysis software packages including Caesar
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and other software tools as required for the job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail as well as technical writing and documentation skills
- Familiarity with company and industry codes and standards applicable to the gas processing industry
- Ability to cope with fast-paced, rapidly changing project requirements.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- General understanding of projects, contracts terms, concepts, and terminology
- Must be highly motivated, customer focused, able to prioritize, detailed, capable of multitasking, able to follow through on all tasks to completion
- Some travel for equipment inspection and plant startup and commissioning will be required
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in the EPC industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.