Reports to: Vice President Construction
Job Type: Permanent, Full–Time, Exempt
Location: Midland, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Engineering & Construction Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Manager/ Sr. Project Manager to be based in Midland, TX.
The Project Manager completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelors’ degree in Construction preferred, although experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience as Project Manager supporting Oil & Gas EPC midstream projects
- Combination of both office management and construction field experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the administrative areas and at the highest level of a corporation.
- Proven experience and knowledge in the following areas: Quality Management, Supervision, Delegation, Supply Management , Attention to Detail, Quality, Focus, OHSA training
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Position expectation 80% office: 20% field
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing EPC Company who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions within in the Midstream O&G industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. Relocation is also available for candidates. All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. without visa or sponsorship. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.