Sr. Piping Materials Engineer is responsible for engineering activities and delivering the engineering output on time according to the project, HSEQ&RC and corporate requirements.
- Reports to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a project.
- Implements the HSEQ&RC requirements and assists the Lead (Project) Engineer in related meetings.
- Replies to InterDiscipline checks on time.
- Replies to queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor on time.
- Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Engineering. Assists the Project/Lead Engineer in obtaining client and third party approval on the project.
- Assists the Project/ Lead Engineer in establishing the fabrication and construction specifications. General Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section. Reports regularly to the Section Head Engineering on personal achievements and section matters.
- Checks work of colleagues to improve quality. Coaches more junior engineers. Correctly administrates work. On request of the corporate technical authority act as delegate corporate technical authority.
- Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements. If necessary performs activities abroad; on site or with client.
An analytically strong and creative Engineer. You organise your own work and have good communi-cation skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Over eight years of relevant experience in piping materials engineering.
- Knowledge of piping materials, piping equipment, pipe stress and affinity with piping design.
- Knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards.
- Computer literacy for piping discipline calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and data management.
- Good understanding of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
- You have experience with piping materials engineering in concept, basic and detailed phase of a project.