The PTW Coordinator reports into the Operations organization with overall responsibility for the safe control of work activities in accordance with the PTW process. The PTW Coordinator is expected to provide guidance to field Operators of what field work activities need to be performed during high intensity periods such as a TAR.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other governing organizations as applicable
- Ensure adherence to control safe work practices
- Execute day to day management of the PTW process
- Capable of performing Risk Assessment (e.g. L2 HITRA) responsibilities when applicable
- Facilitate daily PTW planning, including SIMOPS management
- Execute PTW strategies for shutdowns/turnarounds
- Conduct HSE and PTW compliance audits
Qualifications (Knowledge, Education/Training, Experience and Skills)
10+ years of experience. Understands plant or other relevant industry (Petro-Chemical/Refinery/Cryogenic) type operating procedures, safe handling practices, equipment, maintenance protocols, governmental regulations and related technical and safety codes, standards and reporting requirements is necessary. In-depth knowledge of the physical properties of the plant, plant layout and is able to identify relevant equipment as relates to specific job activities. Has previous working knowledge around the concept of PTW and permitting processes for different types of job activities including, but not limited to Hot Work, Confined Space Entry, Energy Isolation, working at heights, etc.
Previous training or practical knowledge on the various types of equipment below will be an advantage:
- Utility power and operation systems, including air, water, nitrogen, etc.
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Basic machinery and heavy equipment knowledge
- Basic office application knowledge
- Basic knowledge of process operations
- CoW/PTW practices
- Identification and management of SIMOPs
- Sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment
- Able to diagnose and resolve significant or unusual PTW problems
- Able to follow directions and quickly formulate and effectively communicate questions if clarification of an assignment is required
- Able to guide and advise others in operational / technical aspects of the expertise area.
- Able to apply existing skills in new roles and or environments
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses a strong understanding of his/her role within the PTW system and can identify unsafe acts and hazards and able to provide safe corrective measures to ensure a safe working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of Process Safety that includes safety and operational procedures utilized for critical activities
- General knowledge of process controls including flow, pressure level and temperature systems and process diagrams (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s))