Purpose & Accountabilities:
The Module Lead - Yard 3 will assure and support module fabrication execution planning and module fabrication by the EPC Contractor for Package 3 (Pipe racks between 200-1800 ton each, total around 36,000 tonnes). They will help ensure the successful delivery of the LNG Plant Project, meeting HSSE, quality, schedule and cost targets while maintaining strong relations with external stakeholders (including regulators and JV partners), the EPC contractor and subcontractors.
- Work closely with the Client, EPC and Module Yard organizations to grow and nurture a strong HSSE culture supporting HSSE performance
- Take personal responsibility for keeping all people safe.
- Champion the Incident and Injury Free program and Design for Safe Construction, including adoption of argon less large bore stainlesss steel welding.
- Participate in HAZIDs, risk assessments and Task Instructions in the field.
- Delivery through the EPC Contractor of Yard 3 modules to site, meeting HSSE, quality, schedule and cost targets.
- Support the EPC contractor in fabrication execution planning activities, including Advanced Work Packaging, development of CWPs and setting up the construction automation tools and participates in constructability reviews, to set up the EPC contractor for fabrication success.
- Coordination of input from various disciplines, providing timely, consistent and concise comment focusing on ensuring the contract specifications are met.
- Support the EPC contractor to deliver the scope of the Yard 3 modules, manage the contract, prevent claims, and support claims management and contract issue resolution.
- Lead the Client's QA/QC team in the yard, ensuring quality and quantity of supervision and craft, preparation of Field Installation Work Packages, material matching and management, dimensional control, raising site queries and facilitating responses to Field Design Modifications and Technical Deviations, punching and close out by Company, ensuring carry-over work is identified and reported and liaising with the marine warranty surveyor contracted by Company.
- Patrol the yard and site on a frequent basis, inspecting safe execution, flawless construction, identifying issues early.
- Communicate fabrication execution planning and fabrication highlights, decisions, issues/concerns to Module Fabrication Manager for incorporation on project updates and Technical Committee update feedback to EPC Contractor.
- Have a good understanding of the project schedule and key project risks, ensuring issues are managed appropriately.
- Work with the Client's engineering, inspection, CSU and HSSE teams to ensure safe, high quality and timely company inspections, facilitate issue resolution where required and supporting flawless project delivery.
- Ensure implementation and gathering of relevant lessons learned, also across the various engineering centers, module yards and site.
- Overall anticipated fabrication manhours in Yard 3 is 7 mil.
- Reporting to the Module Fabrication Manager, who is responsible for overall fabrication execution planning and fabrciation across the Module Yards 2, 3 and 4 (through dedicated Module Yard Leads) and directly for module fabrication in Yard 1.
- 9 direct reports during Fabrication (1 Construction Engineer and quality/inspection staff) with HSSE coaches reporting with dotted line.
- Closely working together with the Client's HSSE team, inspection resources, CSU team, contract management, engineering and project services teams, and directly interfacing with the EPC Contractor teams in the yard.
Skills & Requirements:
- Passion for safety in execution and having the knowledge and courage to achieve extraordinary HSSE results.
- Living the values of Professional Delivery, Aligned Objectives and Respectful Relationships in the engagement with EPC Contractor and its sub-contractors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15-20 years hands-on experience in large construction and/or fabrication projects (both Define/Detailed design and Execution experience).
- Extensive experience in large modularised projects in Define/detailed design and Execute phases, including owner or EPC Contractor construction and/or yard management roles for large modules.
- Displaying a professional attitude and resilience to a fast paced working environment.
- Extensive contract management experience in executing large lumpsum contracts .
- Ability to motivate a team of matrix resources, EPC contractor and sub-contractors towards a common goal, despite globally distributed work teams and the EPC directorate.
- Excellent communication skills, to enable the development of productive and lasting relations including the local community
- Able to relocate to China for a portion of the assignment