Job Type: Expat, 28/28 Rotation
Location: West Africa
Reports to: Operations Shift Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Safe, efficient and reliable operation of the Methanol Plant and Associated Utilities systems via DCS (Emerson Delta-V).
- Ensure compliance with all current Company Regulations
- Maintain safe working practices as specified by such regulations
- Undertake tasks or assignments which may from time to time be directed as required by senior management
- Monitor plant operating conditions and parameters and make the necessary process adjustments as required.
- Interpret laboratory results and initiate any necessary corrective actions in conjunction with the Shift Supervisors direction.
- Liaise with the Shift Supervisor on day to day plant and shipping activities.
- Direct all area operators to conduct field adjustments, in order to maintain safe, reliable, efficient operating conditions.
- React to all plant Emergency conditions, in a safe and controlled manner.
- Interact with other all associated “Punta Europa Company” Control Room personnel.
- Maintain accurate records and logs of shift activities.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of plant equipment for maintenance, in line with the Permit to Work system.
- Start-Up & Shut-Down the methanol plant and associated Utilities in line with the plant operating procedures.
- Monitor and control all methanol ship loading.
- Mentor and Coach National Control Room Operators in all aspects of the plant operation and DCS System.
- Assume Operation Supervisor responsibilities on an interim basis as may be required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ working as an Operator in Chemical Facility
- Methanol or ammonia plant experience required
- Minimum of 7 years’ with hands on console/ board experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ using Emerson Delta V DCS system
- Ability to work 28/28 rotation