Job DescriptionInstrumentation & Electrical Engineer
Location: Pasadena, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Instrument and Electrical scopes of work from Plant basic data
- Conduct scope and design reviews with plant personnel
- Update P&IDs and single line drawings for designers
- Plan and organize designers to complete construction packages for projects.
- Ability to handle multiple small projects required.
- Produce calculations and prepare electrical and process instrument specifications for purchase. Ability to specify E&I equipment suitable for hazardous areas required. Guide designers for installation requirements.
- Assist Project Managers to define requirements for E&I scopes for projects.
- Provide weekly status updates on project assigned.
- Familiarity with DuPont symbology, practices and standards is a plus.
- Field work to verify E&I scopes of work required as a daily task.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must have design and field experience in chemical or petrochemical plants.
- Previous DuPont/Chemours experience preferred but not required.
- 4 year Electrical Engineering or Control systems degree required
- 10 to 15 plus years’ experience preferred
- TX PE desirable.
All PPE will be provided except footwear. Steel toed shoes must be worn in the plant and meet ANSI Z41 standard. Ability to climb stairs and conduct field work on a daily basis is a requirement.