NES Global Talent is working closely with a leading Engineering Design Consultancy in Perth, Western Australia to identify a Senior Mechanical/Piping Designer with mining plant layout and piping design experience in Australia for a 12 month Contract with potential for extension.
The successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and be involved in plant layout and piping design for project studies and concept/detailed designs.
Your responsibilities in the role
- 2D and 3D model layout and piping design
- Oversee and manage a small team of designers
- Complete deliverables on time and within budget
- Participate in project reviews as required
- Work collaboratively with engineers
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions
- Participate in peer reviews
- Establish and maintain good working relationships through strong communication
What you need to be successful in the role
- Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical Drafting/Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years design experience in mining/mineral resources sector
- Proficient in Bentley OpenPlant and ProSteel design software
- Sound 3D design principles and ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to engineering design problems
If you are looking for a new and exciting career challenge then please apply.
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.