ESSENTIAL: Gene editing. CRISPR-cas9. AAV. Extensive Mammalian Cell Culture. PCR. Flow Cytometry. Robotics. GMP.
The power of gene editing and engineering is reaching new heights, with advances being made in the field almost weekly. My client, an industry leader in synthetic biology platforms is currently seeking the expertise of a Gene Editing Scientist to join their rapidly expanding company and aid to their mission of spearheading cellular gene therapy in industry. This interesting role shall be involved in the science of internal platform development and the further commercialisation of this platform for further client use.
Gene Editing Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line the planned project objectives
- To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
- Provide analytical project summaries and reporting, as required
- Initiate new method development to streamline company procedures
- Work closely with line manager in order to manage and satisfy customer requirements
- Stringent record keeping in order to adhere to GMP standards.
- MSc or PhD/DPhil in relevant discipline (MSc should be associated with minimum 2-3 years relevant laboratory experience)
- Experience of using gene editing platforms (including CRISPR, viral vectors preferred)
- Experience working in a commercial/industry setting (preferred but not essential)
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience, handling difficult to cultivate cell lines and primary cells.
- Strong molecular biology skills, including PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR
- Experience of Flow cytometry and cell sorting (preferred but not essential)
- Extensive experience in cell biology assays including Western Blot, immunoprecipitation and immunofluroresence (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of using robotic liquid handling and automation systems such as TECAN (preferred but not essential)
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.