NES Global Talent are currently working with a large provider of professional services who are looking to engage with a degree qualified Senior Civil and Structural Designer.
The successful candidate must be competent in the use of AutoCAD 3D. Advance Steel or Tekla would also be considered. The role will involve detail design for a number of Brownfield chemical and petrochemical projects.
- 2D drawing and detailing of Structural Steelwork, Concrete and roads/drainage.
- Independent production of Civil and Structural drawings
- AutoCAD with true regard to Safety and in compliance with national and Client Codes & Standards.
- Efficient interpretation of Clients, other design disciplines and suppliers information to ensure project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Participation in internal and external design reviews.
- Occasional site visits
Specific Accountabilities to include some or all of:
- Efficiently executing CAD design activities as directed by the Project Lead
- Ensure that the applicable company systems are used, that the relevant procedures and standards are followed and that the civil and structural deliverables, within delegated area of responsibility conforms to contract specific requirements and any applicable Client, company, national and international standards, design codes and legislation and raise deviations where necessary.
- Complete all work within the estimated man hour budget and in a timely manner to ensure that project deadlines are met, maintaining own work progress (budget and schedule) and identifying scope change where necessary.
- Safety – responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Project.
Qualifications, Technical and Industry Experience:
- HND/HNC or higher in Civil and Structural Design/Draughting.
- AutoCAD 3D (essential)
- 4-5 Design project minimum experience
- Broad expertise in Pipe Supports concrete, infrastructure and steelwork.