Job DescriptionSenior Synthetic / Process Chemist - Pharma - Hertfordshire - Permanent
A new role has arisen available for a Senior Synthetic / Process Chemist to join the Chemistry team at an Global Pharmaceutical Company in Hertfordshire. The role will involve taking lead on the scale up of multi-step synthetic reactions from lab to pilot scale.
- Designing, optimising and performing complex chemical synthesis
- Process scale up of chemical reactions following GMP regulations
- Reviewing complex data for existing processes and making recommendations on process improvements
- Isolating and analysing compounds using various chromatography techniques
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Work closely with R&D, Production and QC team to ensure methods are developed and implemented in time to meet project/customer deadlines
- Degree or PhD qualified in Chemistry with experience designing complex chemical synthesis
- Process scale up experience up to multiple kg
- A good knowledge of analytical instruments such as HPLC, NMR and LC-MS
If you feel you would be suitable please apply now, a member of the NES team will be in touch with all relevant applicants.
Keywords: Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Scale up, API Synthesis, Pilot Plant, GMP, Pharmaceutical, Drug Development