Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a large operator company, has an opportunity for a Contract Health and Safety Advisor based in Bonnyville, AB. This is a 1 year contract role. All candidates must be local to Bonnyville or have accommodations in the area as the position has a standard 5 days per week, 8 hrs per day schedule.
- Provide the business direction and support to meet Health and Safety (EHS) Management System expectations
- Review, interpret and advise on legislation, industry best practices etc.
- Participate in leading indicator activities
- Measure EHS performance and provide feedback from the results of audits, data analysis, inspections and job observations
- Support the business with incident investigations, corrective action development and incident trending
- Support the Emergency Preparedness function
- Liaising at all levels of the organization
- Ensure EHS issues are given primary consideration in all initiatives and programs
- Engage staff in, and support the application of new EHS initiatives, including assessments
- Actively analyze key EHS performance indicators to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Support the development and implementation of Improvement Plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide assistance to the business with contractor management compliance regarding corporate and regional requirements.
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma or Certificate
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in an EHS-related discipline; oil and gas experience is required
- Experience in implementing an EHS Management System
- Auditing and inspection experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer competency with Microsoft Office software