|Job Title:||Wellsite Geologist|
|Location:||United States, United States|
|Contact Name:||Erica Williams|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2018 22:35|
Interpret and Integrate geological data and provide well-site geological support for drilling wells in oil fields. This Includes delivering optimized horizontal well bore placement, final well reports, updated horizontal well cross-sections, maps and formation evaluation logs for recent and previously drilled wells. Provide geological support for interdisciplinary reservoir study and field development plans. Develop and mentor less experience staff.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of the Wellsite Geologist is supervision of all well site geological personnel and operations (e.g. mudlogging, Logging While Drilling (LWD), Wireline services, core handling/processing) and quality assurance of all geological data acquisition and reporting.
• Wellsite Geological Services
• Geological monitoring.
• Monitoring and supervision of wireline and LWD logging operations.
• Monitoring of coring operation.
• Monitoring and supervision of mudlogging operations.
• Reporting responsibilities.
• Auditing geological services when appropriate.
• Well Completion Report Compilation and Distribution
• Coordination of Wellsite Geological Activities ("Operations Geologist"): Coordinate, monitor, and administer Company operated wellsite geotechnical activities.
• Pre-drill planning.
• Point of contact for third party geological services vendors.
• Monitor and coordinate wellsite geologic data acquisition and analysis activities; disseminate information to stakeholders; participate in regular teleconferences and meetings; review/verify invoices for geological services.
• Post-drill responsibilities include coordinating shipments of samples, logs, and reports as well as completing special/ad-hoc projects.
• Abnormal Pressure Surveillance
• Ensure all abnormal pressure parameters are monitored, captured on a pressure evaluation log, and reviewed with Company Operations Geologist and Drilling Supervisors as required
• Generate and distribute detailed reports compiling parameters, observations, and interpretation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS in Geology from a recognized institution
• 20+ years of experience as a Wellsite Geologist.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English, have good organizational and coordination skills, and be able to work well with others.
• Offshore experience including platform/deviated well drilling with associated technologies (e.g. LWD, WL).
• Must be in good physical condition and shall comply with all project health and safety requirements (including any rig or country-specific certifications required to work offshore).
• Have successfully passed a recognized (OPITO) course in Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET), Sea Survival, and H2S within the previous two years. Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project.
• Experience with mud logging; cuttings description; real-time image logs; and correlating them to determine lithology and well path.
• Experience with directional drilling, well planning, depth control measurements; and understanding of BHA's (Bottom Hole Assembly).
• Experience with coring operations.
• Experience of working in integrated asset team environment.
• Experience in applying structural geology concepts and methods to assess compartmentalization/communication.
• Experience of having worked with geologic modelers to incorporate maps and their interpretations into 3D geologic models.
*Must meet requirements to work offshore Gulf of Mexico*
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's