Job DescriptionJob description
As Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for the technical refinement of orders. We are an order-oriented organization, which means that our work covers: the design, calculation, and drawing of one-off tools; consultation with the customer; drafting of test procedures and instruction manuals; and maintaining a presence during workshop testing. At every stage, all relevant standards, safety rules, and quality and inspection requirements must be taken into account. We expect that our project engineers to make an innovative contribution to the existing product portfolio. As Project Engineer Offshore Tools you will also employ 3D Solid Edge, PDM Teamcenter, Mathcad and Femap to complete FEM analysis. As Project Engineer Offshore Tools you will be responsible for:
- translating customer requirements into a basic functional design
- keeping close contact with the project team, customer and suppliers
- finalizing the basic design and implementing this into the mechanical detail design
- refining designs into functioning one-off tools
- making mechanical calculations for the design and certification of tools
- designing the hydraulic controls and setting up the electronic control conventions
- preparing project specific documents, such as test procedures and instruction manuals
- preparing specifications for inquiries to be sent to suppliers
- planning your own work/project schedule
- supporting the rest of the organization with technical questions about designs.
To be eligible for the role of Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) or academic higher education (WO) in mechanical engineering
- at least three years of relevant engineering experience
- experience using Solid Edge, both in 3D and 2D and knowledge of hydraulic and control systems
- ability to understand customers technical needs and to deal with technical challenges both innovative and creatively
- ability to work systematically under time pressures and to conduct strength calculations (preferably using Mathcad)
- experience of conducting FEM analysis is desirable
- practical, go-getting mentality, ability to independently set priorities, to work effectively in a team and high capacity to think analytically
- stress-resistant and process-oriented approach and a service- and result-oriented attitude to all stakeholders
- strong command of English, both verbal and written, with moderate skills in Dutch.
Please note, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employment
We offer you as Project Engineer Offshore Tools a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.