We are the global market leader in the construction of equipment at sea. We are an important supplier of vessels and mission equipment for the dredging, offshore, maritime and mining industry. The services typically include repair, rentals, renovations, condition-based services, feasibility studies, life-cycle engineering, parts and logistics, and training and consultancy. Our mission is to be the preferred supplier of services for the offshore, dredging and mining industry.
To further strengthen the Commercial Support team we are hiring a Commercial Business Consultant. The Commercial Support team is a newly created team within the sales organisation. It focuses on developing business with customers in new markets, with existing and new services and business propositions. As Commercial Business Consultant you will be responsible for supporting the sales managers and account and segment leaders, in addition to the product cluster leaders. You will translate market developments, customer needs and technology developments into business cases and provide new creative insights. Together with the team, you will take the department to the next level and grow the business. Within the role of Commercial Business Consultant, your duties will include the following;
- identifying and developing commercial proposals, in cooperation with your colleagues in the Sales department, product clusters and Services management team
- customising suite of solutions to solve customer needs
- developing quantitative Excel models to facilitate fact-based decision-making and quantitative input into commercial proposals
- participating in sales and origination meetings with customers
- generating sales ideas for existing and new customers
- supporting the Management team and Sales Managers with intelligence, convincing storytelling, quantitative analysis and visualisation
- identifying, developing and implementing products and services based on new business models, and managing their release/launch
- performing market, competitor and benchmark studies
- facilitating content and news for the website, newsletter and social media channels
- supporting the development of annual business plans for the product clusters
- working closely with the proposal management, equipment strategy and customer support desks within the sales organisation
- leading multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams and providing advice to the product clusters.
To be eligible for the role of Commercial Business Consultant, you must have the following:
- bachelor and/or master degree in a relevant field
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- at least two years of relevant experience in the corporate finance and strategy department of a large accountancy firm, investment bank, strategy consultancy or private equity firm
- experience in transforming ideas into business cases and commercial propositions
- commercial and business acumen and an interest in the maritime, dredging, offshore and mining markets and work experience in these sectors is advantageous
- sharp-eye for developments and the ability to transfer these into concrete product and service improvement opportunities
- excellent storytelling skills and the ability to set up PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and supporting (financial) Excel models
- demonstrable ownership, drive, passion and creativity, with a high energy level and self-starter attitude
- excellent communication skills, as well as conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities
- able to deal with stakeholder management and organisational sensitivity
- eager to learn, an entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to find new ways to move the business forward.
Please note, only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
As Commercial Business Consultant we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic environment with high growth ambitions. Your valued qualities and competencies will be put to good use both within our organisation, as well as in the marketplace. The role is also an excellent way to kick-start a corporate career at one of the leading companies in the Dutch maritime sector. The role gives excellent insight into the business and comes with significant exposure to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, with whom you can make a real difference. You will have a great opportunity to shape the role and experience tangible results from your work. As such, it is an excellent position through which to start a career path within our company. While we aspire to be a customer-driven passionate organisation without a ‘nine to five’ mentality, we offer a better work/life balance than professional services, consultancy or the financial sector.