As a Commissioning Engineer for Dredging Automation Equipment (DAE), you will be responsible for carrying out commissioning work in a team or as an individual, and solving faults in electric and electronic measuring and control systems. The tasks are generally executed at shipyards, quaysides or offshore on dredging vessels. Our equipment is of a high standard and comprises field sensors, PLC controls, SCADA operations and PC networks.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a technical diploma, with an affinity for automation and the ability to work at a Bachelor (HBO) level
- a short history as a seaman, or other experiences in offshore or dredging and a passion for ships
- experience with automation of equipment
- a willingness to work both inside and outside of Europe on a frequent basis
- the ability to switch between roles, such as foreman, commissioning engineer or troubleshooter
- the ability to act as an ambassador of our company in these roles
- be prepared to familiarise yourself with our equipment via courses or colleagues
- knowledge of PLC and SCADA and a VCA-VOL certificate
- a self-reliant, service- and result-oriented approach, as well as being solution-focused and stress-resistant
- be creative in proposing solutions, and supervising work in accordance with professional and safety requirements
- an excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and verbal.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.