Location – Mexico City, MX
Employee Type – Permanent/ Full-time (Non expat)
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Oil & Gas Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Regulatory Specialist to be based in Mexico City, Mexico.
The Regulatory Specialist position is based out of Mexico City, Mexico and is responsible for coordinating regulatory compliance within the framework of Company’s policies and procedures and in compliance of applicable regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and facilitate the tasks required to complete various permits required for operations in Mexico
- Establish, maintain, and communicate the regulatory task list and timeline within the Mexico team and Company management
- Read, comprehend, analyze, and communicate key summaries of the current and future laws and regulations in Mexico to the Company Mexico team and management to ensure compliance with all aspects of the laws and regulations governing upstream oil and gas activity
- Work closely with operations, HSE, and geology to produce required plans, reports, and documents on a regular basis
- Engage with vendors and government to monitor the National Content requirements for Company and ensure NC reports are done correctly and timely
- Organize and maintain regulatory filings and relevant documents on the company’s internal network
- Work closely with government agencies as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Sociology or Environmental is preferred or Environmental regulation background.
- 5 years’ minimum experience working upstream oil and gas operations, processes, and equipment
- Experience working in a government agency such as Agency for Safety, Energy and Environment or Hydrocarbon Commission.
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish), with strong verbal, written, and reading proficiency.
- Experience working in the United States or the United Kingdom preferred
- Strong personal organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Document control experience.
- Willingness to read and understand detailed and complex regulations in Spanish and communicate key findings
- Knowledge and experience with MS Project is preferred
- Creates strong work relationships with internal staff.
- Recognizes personal strengths and weaknesses and be proactive in self-development.
- Has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively.
- Willing to work a demanding and flexible schedule.