5 to 8 years of experience related to petrochemical facility design (e.g. refinery and/or chemical).
Civil Structural Designer should also have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the drafting / design of steel and reinforced concrete.
The Civil Structural Designer will work closely under the direction of the Lead Civil Structural Engineer. This role is responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design information according to project standards and procedures.
This position requires coordination with other discipline designers such as mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and project team members to ensure a complete and timely production of drawing packages, spreadsheets, and databases to document information related to design.
High School or equivalent
Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem solving ability.
Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Work alongside more experienced engineers and designers to perform 2D drafting and 3D modeling tasks. Design will be prepared using Office and Department standards and procedures.
- Become familiar with project scopes, specifications and design criteria when assigned to a project team.
- Knowledge of steel connection design
- Participate in design reviews with other disciplines to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Must be receptive to directions in the preparation of acceptable technical solutions. The Civil Structural Designer must interact well with other disciplines in order to complete tasks.
- Must be a self-starter who willingly accepts and seeks challenging responsibilities and takes ownership of results and performance.
- Will work alongside engineers to develop conceptual layouts for cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest and most cost effective designs for clients.
- May be expected to travel to local job sites or client offices to perform their duties as required.
- Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources
- Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company’s quality standard of acceptability
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels
- Decision Making: Takes action upon decisions made with good judgment