Job DescriptionBASIC FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produces finished drawings of any complexity and density.
• Coordinates design assignments with personnel in adjacent unit areas and with personnel in other disciplines.
• Checks the work of others for accuracy, completeness, conformance to the Client/Department approved standards, specifications ad design guides and follows accepted design practices.
• Checks the intersquadintersquad drawings from other disciplines.
• Checks and approves vendor equipment outline drawings for data and information required.
• Prepares Internal Change Notices for all scope changes and revisions to specifications, flow sheets, vendor data, and the deliverables from other disciplines.
• Initiates engineering drawings and checks design model for a complex area of the project to ensure conformance with the requirements of applicable codes, design criteria, and Company procedures.
• Requires adapting and interpolating established practices and procedures.
• Familiarity with all items of equipment and materials and their function in the design of respective systems.
• Field visits required frequently to perform walk-downs.
• Reads and follows procedures as outlined in the Company and Departmental Procedures.
• Participates in improving communications within the Task Force and the Department.
• Ongoing participation in the Quality Improvement Process.
• Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, schedules, assigns work, directs and controls the work of all assigned personnel within area of responsibility.
• Supervises assigned design and drafting personnel.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to lower classified design and drafting personnel. Supervised by the responsible PCS engineer for the project.
• Prepares complete information for design details, bills of material, etc. that can be completed by lower classified personnel.
• High School diploma plus 20 years of applicable experience, or
• Associates Degree in Engineering with 15 years of applicable experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Field Survey of instrumentation
• Detail knowledge of P&ID and field instrumentation .
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
• SPI SPI- development and production of loop templates, wiring diagrams, fiber optic, interconnection drawings, instrument indexes, modification of datasheets datasheetsdesirable.