Principal PCS Designer
|Job Title:||Principal PCS Designer|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Salary:||$55 - $65 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Paul Henry|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 18:04|
• Produces finished drawings of any complexity and density.
• Coordinates design assignments with personnel in adjacent unit areas and with personnel in other disciplines.
• Checks the work of others for accuracy, completeness, conformance to the Client/Department approved standards, specifications ad design guides and follows accepted design practices.
• Checks the intersquadintersquad drawings from other disciplines.
• Checks and approves vendor equipment outline drawings for data and information required.
• Prepares Internal Change Notices for all scope changes and revisions to specifications, flow sheets, vendor data, and the deliverables from other disciplines.
• Initiates engineering drawings and checks design model for a complex area of the project to ensure conformance with the requirements of applicable codes, design criteria, and Company procedures.
• Requires adapting and interpolating established practices and procedures.
• Familiarity with all items of equipment and materials and their function in the design of respective systems.
• Field visits required frequently to perform walk-downs.
• Reads and follows procedures as outlined in the Company and Departmental Procedures.
• Participates in improving communications within the Task Force and the Department.
• Ongoing participation in the Quality Improvement Process.
• Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, schedules, assigns work, directs and controls the work of all assigned personnel within area of responsibility.
• Supervises assigned design and drafting personnel.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to lower classified design and drafting personnel. Supervised by the responsible PCS engineer for the project.
• Prepares complete information for design details, bills of material, etc. that can be completed by lower classified personnel.
• High School diploma plus 20 years of applicable experience, or
• Associates Degree in Engineering with 15 years of applicable experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Field Survey of instrumentation
• Detail knowledge of P&ID and field instrumentation .
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
• SPI SPI- development and production of loop templates, wiring diagrams, fiber optic, interconnection drawings, instrument indexes, modification of datasheets datasheetsdesirable.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Houston, United States
New Orleans, United States
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Flare)
Competitive rate and terms
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary plus benefits