Job DescriptionThe role includes the overall technical responsibility for the UBD / MPD/AD operational activities during the project, which include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Establish and maintain regular communication with the client, drilling contractor, Project Manager, Senior Supervisor and all other services onsite. Providing feedback and regular technical advice to all parties concerned.
- Evaluate, prepare and assist the client with the design of each drilling program, whilst coordinating all data and requirements with the Project Manager to enable a constant project overview.
- Co-ordinate any variations in project planning, onsite technical and operational requirements / changes with the Senior Supervisor as to revise his roles or operational activity as required.
- Provide overall project responsibility for UBD / MPD / AD operational personnel and equipment with assistance / support from the Project Manager and the Senior Supervisor.
- Provide overall Q&HSE responsibility for activities, ensuring full compliance to the crews via the Senior Supervisor.
- Interface with the client, drilling contractor and directional drilling provider to advise during the drilling periods and to provide solutions to issues if required.
- Technical, operational & engineering focal point, for all UBD / MPD/AD daily reporting and field records, direct through to the Project Manager and the client representatives.
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained and operated at optimum level to ensure efficient operation.
- Maintain adequate spares and tools.
- Ensure calibration and certification of all equipment is current and valid.
- Ensure all reports and data sheets are generated, maintained and as per project and requirements.
Required Skills/ Certification
- Should Have sound knowledge of drilling and related operations
- Should have good knowledge of equipments used in SDS division
- Should have sound knowledge of related software
- Well Control Certificates, All safety and other related certificates required by client to work in the fields