Our client is a recognisable name in the fine chemicals industry, with operations across the globe. Specialising in the production of performance chemicals, they supply a diverse array of consumer markets across all manner of industry sectors.
As a newly created role for the business, they are currently looking to identify a sustainable development coordinator, to support the group Sustainability Manager in developing and maintaining a knowledge base of best industry practises across a wide range of topics, including sustainable development & environmental standards and procedures, in order to set best in-class standards in all aspects of sustainable development performance.
As such, you will be a confident and articulate speaker, able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholder’s alike, working with various departments to ensure sustainable development responsibilities are communicated, while promoting success stories for the business & new initiatives.
As a companywide role, there will be an expectation for moderate occasional travel in the role, throughout Europe and occasionally America.
You will join an innovative & forward thinking company, with a focus on staff development.
If any of the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- To assist the Sustainable Development Manager with development and implementation of the company’s long term sustainable development) strategy and work programs, including the annual materiality review process.
- To assist with the internal and external communication and promotion of the SD strategy and progress, including the web site, regular bulletins, training presentations, the annual responsible Business Report and the co-ordination of the SD network.
- Assist with the collection, analysis and presentation of group performance data to establish progress against annual objectives and targets.
- Provide support and guidance to manufacturing facilities with regard to identification of potential opportunities/ projects to achieve environmental reduction targets and the sharing of best practice
- Degree qualification in environmental management, sustainable development or other relevant discipline
- Practical, can do approach coupled with strong communication & presentation skills
- Post graduate experience in a role involving appropriate legislation, guidance & best practice for wide range of activities included within sustainable development
- Knowledge and practical experience of life-cycle assessment
- Analysis of environmental date and carbon emission calculations
- Chemical industry knowledge
- Competitive Salary