Based at the Innovation Campus, Wollongong, the Geotechnical Engineer is to support the Geotechnical team to provide Governance, Internal Consultancy and Improvement projects to Planning, Mining Operations and Projects
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure geological/ geotechnical risks (safety and production) for current and proposed domains are understood and communicated to key stakeholders
- Provide governance to ensure Strata Failure Management Plan is complied with and good strata control practice is followed in design, implementation and monitoring
- Provide long term ground support and pillar designs to ensure safe and cost-effective production.
- Review site designs as required
- Provide technical advice to Integrated Planning team functions and South32 Projects teams as required
- Provide technical advice to operations and management on geological/ geotechnical issues including support optimisation, training, support materials
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Geology, Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate technical risk and designs
- Ability to assess geotechnical risk levels across the business
- Significant experience in Strata Control Management in a Coal Mine either as on site Geotechnical Engineer or external consultant
In return for your professional commitment and expertise you will be:
Offered a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. As well as an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
Should your skills and abilities fulfill the above please ‘Apply Now’