Job DescriptionAker Solutions' Asset Integrity Management (AIM) group based in Aberdeen requires a new Software Engineer to join our team in support of ongoing regional and international developments. This software engineering role is part of Data Management and Analytics, an Agile team responsible for developing and maintaining a range of Aker Solutions software products.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Part of an Agile team designing and developing new software features as required by the AIM Data Management & Analytics group in Aberdeen
- Participate in an environment that encourages development, growth and succession
- Primarily in coding in C# ASP.Net MVC using Entity Framework and Oracle databases
- Interact, both individually and as part of a team, and directly with fellow engineers to ensure technical specifications are met
- Code software features adhering to specifications and timescales, maintain existing code through defect correction and refactoring
- Assist with application testing and debugging
- Integrate/Interface with third party applications as required
- To provide assistance to all AIM departments to run in-house systems and applications
- Implementation and correct use of all Aker Solutions processes and procedures
- Part of integrated team that turns AIM visions and values into actions.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes required:
- Degree level qualifications
- Development experience working with web-based applications using Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Relevant tools and technologies: Google Cloud Platform technology stack and key services; Microsoft Azure Platform technology stack and key services; Relational databases and No SQL databases; Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes/…); TypeScript/Angular; C#, Python, Java; HTML; CSS; JSON; JS; Node.js; RESTful services (API); GitHub/BitBucket/Visual Studio Team Servics; SonarQube; Jenkins; Cucumber; Confluence; JIRA
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.