We are looking for a Senior Project Controls Engineer with an in-depth understanding of both the principles and application of: Planning and Scheduling, Cost Estimating, Cost Control and reporting, Change (Configuration) Management, and Project Risk Management.
Key responsibilities will cover;
- Ongoing maintenance of project baselines and budgets as well as cost, planning, progress and performance, risk management, change management, personnel and general administration and coordination routines and reports. This will include the collecting, consolidating, analysing, and reporting of project scope, cost and schedule control information to ensure overall project status can be assessed and potential problem areas identified for corrective action
- Maintaining efficient working interfaces with internal stakeholders, Client representatives and external parties as required.
In addition you will participate in / assist with:
- Application and use of resources, systems and methods necessary to fulfil Project Controls activities and documentation in accordance with Project Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule requirements
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out according to HSE and other requirements of the Contract
- Alignment of Project Control processes with the Project execution Model (PEM) principles
- The setting up of commercial KPI’s and incentives that will give margin improvement potentials
- Project Procurement, Contracting, and Contract Administration activities to ensure they align with project controls processes and overall project objectives
- Independent project reviews and audits
- Maintaining a good working relationship between stakeholders across the global business
- Provision of training, mentoring and ongoing project controls guidance to project team members.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management or a technical certificate in Construction Management, or equivalent project experience
- Strong orientation towards and appreciation of the importance of business systems and processes
- Advanced level proficiency in Project Planning, Execution, Scheduling, and Project Controls (including strong analytical skills)
- A good understanding of the principles of: Procurement (Contract strategy, selection, negotiation and administration) and Engineering (multidisciplinary activities from Concept through Definition, Development to Handover)
- Relevant experience (including a mix of cost and schedule achievements) in the upstream oil and gas industry or; significant experience working on complex, high capital cost projects in other sectors such as Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Defence, Nuclear and Government
- Ability to influence broadly internally and externally to the project team without direct authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for project controls activities.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.