Sr. Drilling Engineer
|Job Title:||Sr. Drilling Engineer|
|Salary:||$200000 - $250000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mishu Ullah|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 00:14|
Job Location – Qatar
Job Type - Expat
Plans, technically manages and facilitates drilling activities fully aligned with Group technical and SHE standards. Responsible for providing fully qualified Drilling Engineering support for technically complex development projects. Progresses projects from planning and concept selection through to engineering design and safe operational execution. Develops drilling design strategies, writes drilling programs, performs drilling analyses/calculations, provides drillwell surveillance, and acts as a focal point for continuous improvement by implementation of technology transfer and application of best practices.
Reporting and Relationships· Reports to Head of Drilling Engineering (or Drilling Engineering Lead)
· Direct reports: N/A
· Communications & Working Relationships
· Drilling Activity requires close collaboration across all Company functions.
· Daily review of drilling reports and safety status (including weekends)
· D&C Dept: Daily internal contact with other D&C engineering and operations staff
· Contractors: Frequent external contact with service company technical and operations reps
· Subsurface Group: Frequent internal contact with other Subsurface group technical staff
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
1. Plans, develops and writes drilling programs that include casing design, mud specifications, cementing, BHA and bit selection, hydraulics, wellheads, well control, and other drilling parameters.
2. Leads through technical support of drilling operations offshore and onshore.
3. Responsible for wellbore and equipment intergrity during drilling operations.
4. Leads the preparion of comprehensive Drilling Risk Management strategies covering areas of safety & health, environmental impacts, emergency preparedness, well control procedures and relief well contingency plans.
5. Assists procurement activities (pre-qualifications, tendering process, bid evaluations). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
6. Assists QA / QC activities (audits, technical reviews, inspections, specifications). Focus will be on long lead-time and critical items (rigs, wellheads, casings, etc.).
7. Implements Monobore and Big Bore technology in conjunction with Completions engineering and shareholder technical resources. Includes wellheads, liners and related equipment.
8. Provides technical support for Drilling Operations.
9. Assists management in areas of Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement. Facilitate communication and teamwork.
10. Evaluates drilling and recommends effective modifications to enhance/improve the drilling process.
11. Ensures drilling execution in line with intended plan.
12. Plays an important role interacting with Geoscience.
Minimum Requirements Qualifications
· B. Sc. Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized university.
Knowledge, Experience, Technical / Business Skills
· Minimum of 2 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering) or 4 years relevant industry experience; preference for experience in Offshore Drilling
· Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
· Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate
· Experience in leadership role (formal or informal)
· Demonstrated Basic Skills in:
o Well Control and Well Control Equipment
o Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning
o Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations
o Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations
o Water based Drilling Fluid Technology
o Wellhead and Downhole Equipment
o Cementing Operations
o Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
o H2S Operations
· Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Drilling Fluids Engineers - UK & Europe
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Christiansted, Virgin Islands (
Christiansted, Virgin Islands (