Discovery and analysis of novel molecules is a crucial element in the production of life saving pharmaceutical products across all therapeutic areas. In order for high quality therapeutics to reach the market, the production of such ingredients is a detrimental factor and in support of this operation a world leader in global pharmaceuticals is currently requiring the addition of a Process Chemist to join their expanding team and offer their scientific expertise and technical skills.
Process Chemist Key Responsibilities:
- Technical custodian of a chemistry process, providing a product/process specific technical point of focus for all functions on site relating.
- Supporting the site Quality function to enable informed decision making on non-routine matters
- Supporting the site Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) function to enable good practice and compliance with legislation
- Supporting capital engineering projects to ensure adequate design and commissioning of new plant and processes
- Supporting laboratory investigations and process improvement initiatives
- Supporting the Commissioning and Validation of new and processes on plant (potentially in capacity as a shift chemist)
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Chemistry
- Expertise in conducting process validation and commissioning in a large scale plant
- Experience working in a GMP environment, HSE regulations exposure would be beneficial
- Extensive knowledge within Chemistry preferably synthetic or organic
- Previous experience working independently in an process plant
- Familiarity of technical process in order to work compliantly at all times
- Conducting laboratory investigations to address technical issues
- Strong attention to detail in experimental setup; capability to multitask and conduct multiple processes in parallel, good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good computing skills for data handling, reporting (written & oral) and experimental lab book write-ups
- Quick to learn the use of relevant instrumentations
- Ability to adapt quickly to new scientific areas and work across teams
This position is based on a 12 month contract and is immediately available. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and if successful you can expect a competitive salary package as well as the opportunity to join a world leader in global pharma.
Please contact Syeda Afsana Islam on 0161 942 4060 for more information on rates and applying.
Process Chemist – Montrose – Contract – 12 months