Analytical Scientist Essential: Analytical Assays. Mass Spectrophotometry. Biopharmaceutical. Proteomics. Immediately available.
Discovery and analysis of novel molecules is a crucial element in the production of life saving pharmaceutical products across all therapeutic areas. The process of such discovery requires multiple highly analytical techniques using bespoke instruments in order to achieve accurate and reliable data. These techniques require high attention to detail, sound understanding of the theoretic and skills to execute them confidently. A role has become available with an international pharmaceutical company who are looking to be introduced to scientists who possess the above attributes to utilise their expertise and assist in implementing state of the art technology within their facility.
Analytical Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Define technical criteria of acceptance in order to adopt new and advanced technology
- Supervise with the installation of new equipment ensuring all safety and quality guidelines are met
- Design and execute protocols clearly identifying objectives to evaluate various functions of prototype mass spectrometers
- Gather compelling evidence to reach a decision on implementation of the product
- Present findings, communicate evaluations with relevant decision makers and vendors
- Transfer knowledge and methodologies developed with the wider team
- PhD or above in a relevant life sciences qualification specialising in Proteomics
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of protein analysis of large molecules
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of mass spectrometry
- Carry out detailed and accurate statistical analysis of data produced
- Desire to learn and scientific curiosity to appreciate the importance of such instruments
- Good organisational skills with excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent work ethic when working independently and as part of a team
Please contact Syeda Afsana Islam on 0161 942 4060 for more information on rates and applying.
Analytical Scientist – Hertfordshire – Contract – 12 Months