NES Global talent are currently working with a leading global Chemical Manufacturing company who have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Mechanical Modelling Specialist to join their organisation. The position is site based working from their chemical manufacturing plant in Vienna Europe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the company’s 3D tools setup and implementation during the development and roll-out of investment projects, in addition to maintaining existing asset models.
Broad knowledge of 3D integration systems (like SPIOP, SPRD, bulk loading) and source model graphic tools (like TEKLA, FrameWorks, StruCAD, Revit, ACAD, Microstation, point clouds) is essential. The candidate must have also worked in a chemical manufacturing environment such as a (Top Tier Comah) site.
Contributions to the role include;
- Knowledge of current market systems in respect to 3D modelling tools (like S3D, E3D, PDS, PDMS, etc.) and dedicated for chemical plant design
- Responsible to verify which 3D systems the main Engineering contractors and PMC’s use and the compatibility with other corresponding systems.
- Able to Influence the strategy for S3D tool utilization in projects and plant maintenance, production and turn-arounds
- Contributes to determining the needs on 3D Systems in the contract proposal towards potential EPC (m) contractors.
Key Deliverables for the role include;
- Select and contract the respective 3D systems and corresponding environments (e.g. laser scan technologies) on the market, in close co-operation with Central iPMO and Decentral PMT
- Sets up the IT platform to accommodate the procured systems.
- Issues instructions to engineering teams and contractors related to the use of 3D engineering software and develops methods to organize and control final 3D model handover packages
- System setup for accessing engineering deliverables and final documentation (model, plot plans, sections, BOM)
- Prepare a training package for further roll-out to all stakeholders
- Provide expertise to PMTs and interfaces in-between EPC(m) contractor and company
- Promote and implement "smart" features of 3D tools to improve engineering tool efficiency
- Develop a strategies to properly implement and utilize company standards which are linked to 3D throughout a project and in operations, e.g. next generation pipe classes (NGPC)
- Master or Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline or computer science
- Knowledge of MS SQL and/or Oracle SQL
- Plus and ability to use these tools in an integrate environment is required, NET programming skills are a plus.