Job DescriptionJob Title: Capital Procurement Buyer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Omaha, NE
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Operator, is seeking a Capital Procurement Buyer, for a permanent position to be based in Omaha, NE.
The Capital Procurement Buyer will execute the strategy developed by Corporate, Engineering, and Operations in alignment with the Global Purchasing strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate and manage contracts for their responsible projects
- Manage bidding processes for capital project equipment and services ensuring a fair and efficient bidding process, clear communication, and optimum bidder selection
- Work with project managers to develop procurement plants for capital projects. Participate in executing the plan from project development to warranty execution, as needed.
- Identify, communicate and execute cost reduction opportunities
- Effectively develop the supplier base and manage supply chain partner performance and relationships.
- Participate in improvement of Capital Procurement policy and guidelines. Work to educate internal customers on these policies and guidelines
- Work in close alignment with Corporate Purchasing to leverage existing supply contracts.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure site continuity and deliver results in line with the organization’s Business Plan
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. This Engineering role is governed by policies and frameworks established by Company.
- Administering the execution of contracts or subcontracts to minimize risk to the company
- Assists Project Managers with communications of scope changes, performance tracking, and general vendor communication documentation under a valid contract.
- Minimum of 10 years of purchasing experience in Operations, Engineering, or Capital Equipment such as piping, valves, vessels, etc.
- Proficiency in key purchasing processes, management of tenders & contracts, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years overseeing contracts experience
- Strong functional knowledge of Strategic Sourcing
- Data driven, strategic thinker, addresses partner and internal / external customer needs
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Proficient User of MS Office Suite
- Excellent change-management skills
- Ability to participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally
- Ability to ensure acceptance by other departments within the organization (stakeholder management skills)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation/ communication skills
- Integration experience a plus
- Travel required up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or technical/financial area
- MBA is a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.