Logistics Coordinator 2
|Job Title:||Logistics Coordinator 2|
|Location:||Spring, United States|
|Contact Name:||Erica Williams|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2018 17:16|
Work in-country to manage the EPC’s Logistics and Materials
Management process. Serve as Logistics interface between Logistics Manager/Lead
and Contractor organization to ensure logistics execution. Interface between Logistics
manager/Lead and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC). Provide
Logistics and Materials Management support for all project deliverables.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support Logistics Manager/Lead with Logistics and Materials Management expertise, interfacing with Contractor Logistics and Materials
• Interface with and influence project disciplines to ensure logistics/materials management considerations are included in design and project plan
• Interface with procurement to understand and influence contracting, materials management, logistics plan for deliveries and customs procedures
• Develop an understanding of local transport and in-country logistics capabilities and capacities
• Develop logistics elements of bid requirements, monitor KPIs, and coordinate progress
reporting and materials management requirements
• Familiarity with Logistics Contractors and resources in worldwide markets
• Coordinate process to pre-qualify, approve, and reevaluate Logistics Contractors
• Develop project and discipline specific work scope for Contractors
• Strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Logistics Contractors
• Interface with Logistics Manager/Lead and Construction to keep them informed of the qualifications and capabilities of relevant Contractors
• Interface with Contractors to ensure safety, quality, availability, and reliability of logistics
• Qualify and endorse Contractor equipment and services
• Identify, qualify, and endorse vendor support infrastructure
• General knowledge of local and national environmental and regulatory requirements
• Interface with other Logistics Coordinators, Leads, Advisors and project planning teams to understand and resolve
• Ensure that the EPC Contractor has issued necessary Purchase Order (POs) in accordance with the published project schedule and Required On Site
(ROS) dates and that the EPC Contractor verifies that the vendor has received and agrees to comply with the PO terms • Verify that the delivery documentation is
complete, consistent and adequate and in accordance with the PO terms
• Ensure that the materials specification delivered by the vendor is according to PO terms
• Ensure that any changes to the Purchase Order terms are validated through the Project
Management Team (PMT)
• Ensure that the EPC issues a weekly report showing the status of all POs issued to date paying particular attention to ROS dates and Project
Schedule. This report will show transport, receiving, customs clearing, storage and issuing of materials to the line item level. It will also show all exemption or exceptions
and rejected materials
• Ensure all materials received are stored in a safe and secure facility and that the preservation code addressed in the PO has been applied
• Ensure that the EPC complies with the PO and that each item delivered to the storage facility is adequately marked for easy traceability
• Reports all Overage, Shortage and Damaged (OS&D) of the received materials to the PMT
•Schedule and maintain shipments, internal and external
• Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately and timely to customer inquiries
• Enter orders received verbally and via fax/email into the computer system
• Attend planning and prioritization meetings with high level customers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years’ experience in logistics planning and execution, construction, safety, and procurement
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical degree
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• General computer knowledge with intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Willing to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide functional support.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's