Our client, a global mining and metals company are currently in search of an experienced staff based Water Engineer to join the Production Planning team of a world class mining operation.
- Developing pit dewatering strategies, schedules and stage plans;
- Designing and selecting pipelines, fittings and pumps to maximise pit dewatering capability and efficiently transfer water;
- Updating and communicating the water management strategy;
- Undertaking drainage assessments and developing strategies;
- Competently conduct statistical analyses, GIS mapping, water balance modelling, hydrological and hydraulic modelling;
- Proactively managing the water management capital plan with all relevant stakeholders;
- Displaying strong visible safety leadership
- Identifying and implementing safety, volume and cost improvement initiatives.
- Relocation to Darwin or Cairns is essential to mine location.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on hydro geology or hydrology;
- Experience in an operational de-watering setting including civil construction or mining applications;
- Demonstrated success in project management;
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Vulcan, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office and specialist water modelling software.
- 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries