This exciting FIFO Inspection Engineer role is with a major Oil & Gas Operator and is responsible for assisting in the development of the fixed equipment (piping, vessels, pressure safety devices, civil/structural) inspection program for an LNG facility at one of Australi's largest resource projects. The position is site based and comes with an even time roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of detailed inspection scopes based on RBI assessment and regulatory requirements.
- Development of the Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) management strategy and CUI asset register
- Assist with the development of work procedures and process such as Anomaly management
- Liaise with the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to ensure work orders are correctly planned and scheduled to enable timely and efficient execution by the Plant Inspectors and NDT Technicians
- Cover for the Inspection Team Lead during leave periods and provide leadership and direction to the site team
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to prepare or present public reports, maps or drawings to plan projects.
- Previous experience with computer applications related to engineering field.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years' experience with a Mechanical Integrity Engineering background.