Job DescriptionMechanical 3D Modelling Specialist
NES Global Talent are working with a leading global Chemical Manufacturing company who have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Mechanical Modelling Specialist to join their organisation. Our client is going through a period of significant strategic growth and the successful candidate will be involved in its multi-billion dollar portfolio of projects based from their manufacturing plant in Vienna Europe.
You will be responsible for the company’s 3D tools setup and implementation during the development and roll-out of investment projects, in addition to maintaining existing asset models. You will be responsible in developing a standardised seed 3D system setup in order to improve integration and efficiency during the course of a project.
Supporting Project Teams to achieve the Project KPI’s through efficient use of 3D Systems & databases within fully integrated environments at the EPC(m) contractor network. Broad knowledge of 3D integration systems (like SPIOP, SPRD, bulk loading) and source model graphic tools (like TEKLA, FrameWorks, StruCAD, Revit, ACAD, Microstation, point clouds is essential. Previous experience working in a regulated chemical manufacturing environment.
Contributions to the role include;
- Knowledge of current market systems in respect to 3D modelling tools dedicated for chemical plant design (S3D, E3D, PDS, PDMS)
- Advise on 3D systems the main Engineering contractors and PMC’s use and the compatibility with other corresponding systems
- Ability to influence the strategy for S3D tool utilization in projects and plant maintenance, production and turn-arounds
- Determine the needs of the 3D Systems in the contract proposal towards potential EPC (m) contractors
- Select the respective 3D systems and corresponding environments (e.g. laser scan technologies) on the market, in close co-operation with Central iPMO and Decentral PMT
- Set up the IT platform to accommodate the procured systems.
- Instruct engineering teams and contractors, related to the use of 3D engineering software and develops methods to organize and control final 3D model handover packages
- System setup for accessing engineering deliverables and final documentation (model, plot plans, sections, BOM)
- Prepare a training package for further roll-out to all stakeholders
- Provide expertise to PMTs and interfaces in-between EPC(m) contractor and company
- Promote and implement "smart" features of 3D tools to improve engineering tool efficiency
- Develop a strategies to implement and utilise company standards which are linked to 3D throughout a project and in operations, e.g. next generation pipe classes (NGPC)
- Master or Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline or computer science
- Knowledge of MS SQL and/or Oracle SQL
- Ability to use these tools in an integrate environment is required
- NET programming skills