Job DescriptionCCM&ER Advisor
The CCM&ER Advisor is a member of CCM&ER Team reporting to the CCM&ER Manager in the HSE Department.
The CCM&ER Advisor is the subject matter expert in aspects of crisis, continuity management and emergency response and will sustain and further develop crisis, continuity management & emergency response capability at the site.
The CCM&ER Advisor will have the following key accountabilities:
• Provide technical input and expertise to ensure that Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans are in place, fit for purpose and are regularly updated & tested for suitability.
• Undertake the role of Emergency Co-ordinator as part of the IMT. Be willing to be on-call 24 hours per day when on duty.
• Act as observer during IMT events and provide hot-de-brief feedback to all IMT members in support of competency development and continuous improvement.
• Develop emergency response scenarios as per ROO risk register
• Implement IMT training program to include introduction, role specific and monthly live exercises.
• Support the maintenance of a clear framework for the deployment of ROO emergency response assets to other BOC facilities and third parties as requested and with the appropriate ROO oversight.
• Participate in contract technical evaluations in support of establishing CCM&ER support contracts.
• Act as “Entity Person Responsible” for Aviation, manage aviation annual gap analysis, manage aviation deviation process, facilitate monthly aviation calls and manage entity annual aviation budget. (provision of charter aircraft)
• Continually evaluate the firefighting philosophy and strategy to reflect changes in facilities and capability.
• Ensure that Fire Fighting Plans are developed for foreseeable scenarios and tested regularly.
• Conduct fire risk assessments for multi operational sites and contractor projects, including fixed firefighting and safety systems tests.
• Provide specialist support to the CCM&ER Manager to develop a competency framework aligned with stakeholder expectations for all fire team positions.
• Develop and implement firefighting training for fire team members on elements of the firefighting competency framework, including but not limited to;
o SCBA Instruction
o Search and Rescue
o CSE Recuse
o Casualty Handling
o Vehicle Extrication
o Foam proportioning systems
• Support the development of the ROO Fire Training Facility to ensure safe design commissioning and operation of the facility.
• Develop and co-ordinate regular training activities and exercises at the ROO Fire Training Facility.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to the national CCM&ER Advisors ensuring that there are clear development plans in place.
Fire Systems Integrity Assurance (FSIA)
• Act as the main point of contact for FSIA to ensure that performance standards are established and regularly tested.
• Interface with maintenance and engineering teams to repair, maintain and upgrade systems to ensure a fit for purpose response in accordance with relevant standards.
• Collaborate with relevant departments to support the timely repair and upgrade of firefighting infrastructure including:
- Water supply security and quality assurance
- Fire pump integrity and reliability
- Fire ring main improvements
- Foam and water proportion
- Access routes for fire trucks
- Operation and maintenance procedures
- Performance standards and testing
Oil Spill Response Planning
• Interface with the Environment Team and other stakeholders to establish and maintain fit for purpose oil spill response plans.
• Design and deliver oil spill response exercises in co-ordination with the Environment Team.
Business continuity planning
• Support the CCM&ER Manager in sustaining and improving business continuity plans.
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (NEBOSH Certificate / IGC or equivalent will be considered with relevant experience).
Essential experience and job requirements
- Formal operational experience in CCM/ER within a previous CCMER specific role.
- Technical expertise in an emergency response discipline.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Experience working in the Middle East is a preference
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards through active membership or involvement in a recognised CCMER related industry body.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
A high degree of personal motivation and the ability to work independently.
Excellent communication skills, particularly written and presentation.
Able to demonstrate awareness of the key cultural aspects of working successfully in the Middle East.