Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client has an opportunity for an Operations Manager for a long term contract. The role will initially be based in Calgary.
- Provide technical leadership to operations and engineering staff while assisting the team in identifying opportunities for improving operations within budgeted operating costs;
- Develop and implement internal systems and promote an organizational culture to ensure the safe, compliant and reliable operation of all assets;
- Support the coordination of projects and communication between Engineering, Operations, Commercial and Finance/Accounting functional groups;
- Provide leadership in the development of construction projects including engineering design, estimating, project planning, scheduling, and equipment sourcing;
- Review and approve project proposals from Engineering, Operations and Business Development;
- Participate in developing and “pitching” business development opportunities;
- Candidates will have 15 – 20 years of experience in engineering in an energy infrastructure environment with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing and mentoring staff members;
- All candidates must possess an Engineering Degree and have a solid understanding of applicable code, regulations and standards related to pipeline operations and maintenance;
- Must be highly analytical, possess strong business and financial acumen and have excellent communication skills, particularly as it relates to directing project teams, directing operations, identifying and solving issues and developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships;
- Energetic, resilient, collaborative, and goal oriented;
- Working knowledge of midstream and marketing infrastructure operations and construction;
- Although not a requirement, upstream E&P experience is an asset.