Job DescriptionTo support all quality assurance efforts during the procurement of services and the procurement, manufacturing, delivery and installation of tangible goods, evaluation of supplier performance, and development of improvement initiatives. Capable of working independently to complete a task, while updating the Section Head of work status. Works both in the office and the field. Assists Drilling & Completion and other Subsurface departments and sections by providing quality assurance functions in the planning and implementation of all well construction activity. Supports section responsibility for quality assurance documents included in the bid packages including procedures and specifications for ordering, transporting, installing tangible goods, after market service of OEM provided equipment. Participate in/lead Supplier capability, compliance and process audits. Establish protocols for supplier performance evaluation and performance of associated trend analysis. Identify, initiate and develop process improvements for Company and facilitate identification and development of process improvements for Suppliers. Develop and implement methods and measures for determining the effectiveness of Sub-surface, contractors and supplier Quality activities
- Develop and implement quality tools to facilitate performance of quality actions and identified improvements.
- Provide on-site assistance during preparation of equipment to ensure compliance to company operating procedures, contract specifications, and supplier standards.
- Witness and supervise pre-job inspection activities to evaluate processes for correctness and effectiveness.
- Provide effective training and development of the Drilling and Completion engineering, operations, procurement, and logistic in implementation of company endorsed technical and quality assurance requirements.
- Help to establish new quality processes and be primarily responsible for monitoring and benchmarking progress in assigned quality assurance activities.
- Provide quality support in clarification meetings with contract engineers during supplier evaluations.
- Work with Supply & Procurement to establish and maintain management system to evaluate suppliers performance for providing materials and services at a competitive price and in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance, training, and advise other Quality Engineers & Quality Analysts on all QA/QC related issues and procedures.
- Establish, develop, and maintain processes to monitor benchmark progress in all Quality Assurance activities.
Perform audits, support root cause analysis, and follow up corrective and preventive actions focusing on the effectiveness of the actions taken