Location: Pasadena, TX
Start Date: November 2018
Improve the reliability of all rotating equipment. This includes creating and implementing policies and procedures to track reliability, update preventive maintenance programs, enhance predictive maintenance programs, track equipment criticality, and measure key performance indicators and metrics.
- Execute plant PM/PdM program for rotating equipment, consisting of, but not limited to lubrication, oil analysis, vibration monitoring, ultrasound analysis, IR analysis, and RAGAGEP.
- Ensure we are appropriately planning and scheduling our work for our reliability activities.
- Update and organize documentation for the reliability program.
- Management of reliability team to ensure internal and external customer needs are completely supported.
- Manage the plant motor reliability program – oversee all motor repairs, track failures, identify potential solutions to improve motor reliability.
- Continuously review and improve the reliability programs with the objective of cost-effectively improving equipment reliability.
- Assist maintenance and operations in troubleshooting mechanical problems when necessary.
- Support other Maintenance Engineers and Staff as required.
- Support reliability specialist, maintenance supervisors, maintenance planners, and millwrights.
- Assist with shop and outside repairs of rotating equipment to identify the root cause of failure. Engineer changes and/or adapt the reliability program as needed to prevent or predict future failures.
- Understand, support and comply with all plant safety policies and procedures including the use of loss control software for loss control reporting and communication.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by offering suggestions for long term solutions to minimize costs, improve reliability, and improve loss control performance.
- Generate and distribute periodic reports on reliability Key Performance Indicators.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of maintenance engineering and experience with plant rotating equipment required
- 3+ years development/leadership
- Vibration analysis training through Vibration Institute level II preferred